Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Post Vacation Blues

     Every year after I return to Colorado from my Disney vacation I feel the blues for several days. Don't get me wrong, I have two wonderful sons and a grandson I love coming home to but even so I still feel sad to be back. I have a special love for Disney Resort and California. Even just being in California makes me happy.

     I think of my time in California all year long. Yes I find things to do that are fun where I live but still my heart is in California...not San Francisco but still California. I enjoy my kids and love my job, I go hiking in Colorado sometimes and have fun visiting friends on the rare occasions the stars align so we have time to get together lol. But as for feeling "at home" I really do not feel that comfort except in California.

     When we pull into California I actually feel at home. I feel like that is where I am supposed to be, the smell, sights and sounds are comfortable and well, just feel like home. When I return to Colorado I just don't get that special feeling, for a while I feel depressed and sad, then later I feel fortunate to have a roof over my head, a job, a wonderful family and am very blessed but still do not feel at home.

     Many say I would not feel that way if I lived there but I felt that way when I lived there so I am sure I would still love it if I did now. However circumstances don't allow that in my life right now and so for a while after returning from vacation I do have the blues. They do pass for the most part even though I always feel a yearning and something calling me back to California.

     I am happy I have my little grandson here with me so I can better battle these post vacation blues.

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling. Get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still battling the blues.....last year I did for over a month. Hopefully not that long this time.

      Delete