Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Winter Disney Vacation

    We have taken an annual trip to Disney Resort in Anaheim since  the summer of 2004. When we started going it was my mom, my two sons and myself on the trip. As time went on the vacation included my grandma until she passed away in 2006, my aunts and sometimes cousin and his family.

    Once my kids reached adulthood they were no longer able to go. My oldest had not been in 4 years and the youngest 2 years. My mom, aunts and I still make the trip every summer.

     This past winter however we decided it was time to take a winter trip to Disneyland. Both of my kids were able to come along with my grandson and his mom. It was nice having both of my kids there again and also having my grandson and his mom. It was special sharing the winter beauty of Disney Resort.

     Disneyland and Disney's California Adventures are much different in the winter months. We went Jan 3-6 so thought we would miss the Christmas and New Year busy season but yet be able to see the holiday decorations. We were wrong about missing the busy season. It was busier then than it is during the summer months.

     The busy parks did not stop us from having a fantastic time. The decorations were beautiful, from the huge Christmas trees to Nightmare Before Christmas and the artificial snow after the fireworks.

    We love Nightmare Before Christmas so that was one of our favorite scenes! My little grandson was amazed.

     My grandson who is 5 years old was not excited about the drops on Pirates of the Caribbean and scared on Soarin but I think Radiator Springs Racers might have upset him most of all. His mom and dad told him that it did not have drops however once the race began he was mad at them. He said "you told me there were no drops!" So he was not fond of the race portion of that attraction. He loved Dumbo though so go figure.

     Our winter trip to Disney Resort was amazing. It brought back special memories of going to the parks when my own kids were young adding new family members to our special time!

     It is busier that time of year than the summer months. It was worth the crowds and busy season.

No comments:

Post a Comment